Belt and Road Global Forum Sixth Annual Roundtable 2023
Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre
|Navigating New Horizons: Collaborate and Connect
Reshaping Economic Landscape through Enhanced Collaboration
- How can Belt and Road member countries collaborate better to build resilience in overcoming the ever-unfolding economic changes and geopolitical challenges?
- How could Hong Kong optimise its roles as a “super-connector” and trade transit hub to achieve high-quality development and capture the enormous economic opportunities arising from these mega trade blocs - RCEP, GBA and Belt and Road countries?
- In this session, we examined the latest global economic outlook and explored potential business opportunities to pave the way for collaboration into the next decade.
Building Resilience to Supply Chain Risk
- Supply chain decoupling and disruption may further accelerate the pace of ‘deglobalisation’. Under such looming clouds of uncertainty, building supply chain resilience among Belt and Road economies becomes more crucial than ever – collaborating to diversify supply chains and integrate new technology such as blockchain, AI, big data and greentech.
- In this session, we examined the current supply chain landscape, with sharing on best practices to build regional supply chain trust and resilience.
Opportunities under the New Economic Reality
- The wave of financial sanctions triggered by the geopolitical crisis, along with accompanying interest rate hikes and significant exchange rate fluctuations, raises valid concerns among emerging countries over their economic and commercial interests.
- Is currency diversification the solution to mitigate trade and financial risks?
- How best to capture opportunities arising from the wider use of local currency such as the RMB in international trade and investment?
- This session addressed pragmatic solutions and opportunities under the new economic reality.